昨天下午接到Art for grabs 负责人chung wei的来电,说我们的档口已批准~~
日期：9&10 March 2009
地点：The Annexe Gallery, Central Market,KL
摊位：5ft X 5ft
set up时间：12-6pm, 8 May (星期五）或者10-11.30am, 9 May
器材：两张椅子，没有桌子（我可以负责，主办单位建议3x3ft的桌子），另外可以自备草席、地毯、shelf、easel、bed、hanmock ect. Be creative~~还可以带extension wires、multiple sockets、speakers等器材~~
然后还有就是tips for increased grabbing:
1. remember to invite all your friends, family, colleagues, ex-lovers, former cellmates,etc.
2. Bring lots of small change. please price your works reasonably. Remember you are taking part in this because your want your works to be owned!
3. don't play shy artist. please don't sit down reading your mag, chatting with your friends or sms-ing your ex-lover. forget the(sonafa)bitch and sell your art!
4. make eye contact, smile, stand and greet, grab your customers.
5. this is your chance to create your own stuff! be naughty/ be cynical/ be free! everything must below RM100 and no second-hand goods lah...and no nothing from chatuchak market please.(we deal with ARTIST not agent or orang-tengah lah)
The lot is 6ft wide, 5ft deep, plus wall. If you don’t need wall space, kindly give those spaces for those who need it.
A few lots are bigger than others, but it’s “first come, first served” depending on how early you pay. So no bitching about it please.
Once you have booked your space, you may not change it, unless you negotiate directly with the vendor of the stall you want to change with.
You have to man your stall at all times from 12.00pm to 8.00pm. Please don’t leave before 8.00pm.
1. You may start setting up the day before, ie. on Friday 19 December, between 12-6pm. The gallery takes no responsibility for any items that may go missing.
2. If you prefer to set up on Saturday, you may come by 10am. Please make sure your stall is ready latest by 11.30pm. The Annexe reserves the right to change your location if you are late.
3. We don't provide tables. Please bring your own if you need one. We recommend a 3x3ft table so it won't take up all of your floor space. Please make sure your set up does not encroach upon your neighbour’s space.
4. Alternatively, you may use a tikar, carpet, shelf, easel, bed, hammock, etc. Be creative!
5. We provide two chairs per lot.
6. Bring your own equipment, extension wires, multiple sockets, speakers, etc. Remember to bring your charger or adapter!
1. NO BLACK DOUBLE-SIDED MOUNTING TAPE on the wall PLEASE! You may stick your artwork on the wall by affixing masking tape to the back of the artwork.
2. Please do not use nails if you can help it lah! If your artwork is heavy and needs to be hung, please let us know so we can allocate a space with hanging tracks for you.
3. Please make sure you leave the space the way you found it – unmarked. If you need to nail, you have to fix the wall when you leave. But inform us first before you nail.
3. Please do not display/do anything that may endanger the customers, other sellers and the gallery.
4. Please do not display/do anything that might contravene the laws of this country. We are NOT censoring, we are just asking you to be creative so that The Annexe Gallery won't be closed down and thus prevent others from using it in the future.
5. Please do not leave any food or drinks in the gallery. There are rats in the gallery.
TIPS FOR INCREASED GRABBING
1. Remember to invite ALL your friends, family, colleagues, ex-lovers, former cellmates, etc.
2. Bring lots of small change. Please price your works reasonably. Remember, you are taking part in this because you want your works to be owned!
3. Don’t play the shy artist. Please don’t sit down reading your mag, chatting with your friends, or sms-ing your ex-lover. Forget the (sonofa)bitch and sell your art!
4. Make eye contact, smile, stand and greet, grab your customers. The moment someone looks at your works, welcome the person to look closer. If the person is cute, you can say, “I have more in my bedroom…”
5. This is your chance to create your own MALAYSIA Natal yang Nakal cenderahati ! be naughty / be cynical / be free! (but again, don’t break any law please!) Everything must be below RM100 and no second-hand goods lah….